1. Upstox API Subscription
2. Hello Upstox Installation
3. Initial Settings and Login
Upstox API Subscription:
- Login to Upstox developer console at https://developer.upstox.com
- Make sure you have sufficient balance in your trading account for API charges.
- Create New App
- Select: API Trading
- App Name : As required (Ex: My App)
- Redirect URI : https://upstox.com
- Enable Postback : Un-Tick
- Postback URI : Leave blank
- Description : As required (Ex: My Trading API)
- Subscribe Services : Check ‘Interactive API’
- Click on Create
- Rs 885 will be deducted from your trading account and your API subscription with 30 days validity will be created
Hello Upstox Installation:
- Download Hello Upstox Setup from https://codeadvisor.in/trading-apps/
- Right click on the setup file and select Run as Administrator.
- Follow the install instructions.
- When asked, press ‘Yes’ to register Howutrade’s code signing certificate
- Once installed successfully, you will get success message.
- A Desktop shortcut will be created for Hello Upstox v2.0
Initial Settings and Login:
- Right click on the Hello Upstox v2.0 shortcut and select Run as Administrator.
- Click on Settings button to open Settings window.
- Copy your Api Key, Secret and Redirect Uri from developer console and paste in the relevant box of settings window.
- Click on Save button to save settings.
- Click on Login Button.
- A small web browser will open, enter your credentials and login.
- On successful login, the browser window will close automatically.
- Do not close the browser window manually.
- Wait for the symbol download to finish.
Video version of this article is available here