1. Kite API Subscription
2. Hello Kite Installation
3. Initial Settings and Login
Kite API Subscription:
- Login to Kite developer console at https://developers.kite.trade
- Add necessary credits using Payment Gateway or use balance from your trading account.
- Create New App
- Type: Connect
- App Name : As required (Ex: My App)
- Zerodha Client Id : Your client Id (Ex: AB1234)
- Redirect URL : https://zerodha.com
- Postback URL : Leave blank
- Description : As required (Ex: My Trading API)
- Click on Create
- Rs 2000 will be deducted and your API subscription with 30 days validity will be created
Hello Kite Installation:
- Download Hello Kite Setup from https://codeadvisor.in/trading-apps/
- Right click on the setup file and select Run as Administrator
- Follow the install instructions.
- When asked, press ‘Yes’ to register Howutrade’s code signing certificate
- Once installed successfully, you will get success message.
- A Desktop shortcut will be created for Hello Kite v2.0
Initial Settings and Login:
- Right click on the Hello Kite v2.0 shortcut and select Run as Administrator.
- Click on Settings button to open Settings window.
- Copy your Api Key, Secret and Redirect Url from developer console and paste in the relevant box of settings window.
- Click on Save button to save settings.
- Click on Login Button.
- A small web browser will open, enter your credentials and login.
- On successful login, the browser window will close automatically.
- Do not close the browser window manually.
- Wait for the symbol download to finish.
Video version of this article is available here