3 months, 2 weeks ago ArunRamModerator
ORB Strategy Builder can be downloaded from here. 7 days trial will be automatically activated on first run. Before running the Excel ORB Strategy Builder, please install latest Hello Kite or Hello Upstox as applicable from here.
Most of the Intraday strategy inherently follows range breakout principles, ORB is one of such famous principle. An opening range breakout (ORB) is a fairly simple strategy that involves taking a position when a price breaks above or below the open range high or low. This can be used for different time frames depending on your style and preference.
For better results, ORB could be used with other filters such as GAP, Previous Day High/Low, Volume etc.
BUY : When price crosses above range high with applicable filters
SELL : On signal reverse, on hitting max loss/profit, on hitting target/stoploss, or square off time
SHORT : When price crosses below range low with applicable filters
COVER : On signal reverse, on hitting max loss/profit, on hitting target/stoploss, or square off time
Strategy Builder (SB)
ORB strategy builder is built on MS Excel using exchange approved Trading API’s with multiple filters such as GAP, OHL etc. It is also equipped with advanced Risk Management with Cover Order. Support for NSE equity and also features Paper Trading and Journal to aid fine tuning the strategy. Watch here for ORB Strategy Builder in action.
- TRADE MODE : PAPER|LIVE
- CAPITAL : Capital allotted for the strategy (STGY)
- RISK% ON CAPITAL : Risk per day for the strategy
- MAX POSITION : Maximum number of stocks to be traded
- SIGNAL MODE : LONG|SHORT|ANY|BOTH
- ORB TIME : Open range time in HH:mm:ss format, minimum 09:16:00
- TRADE END TIME : No fresh entry signal will be taken after this time and also cancels if any entry signal order is OPEN
- SQOFF TIME : All open positions will be squared off, maximum 15:15:00
- REWARD : Target in terms of Risk*X
- TRAIL% STOPLOSS : Trail% for Stoploss price. Points to Trail = %applied * RiskPoints
- TRAIL% MAXLOSS (STGY) : Trail% for MaxLoss (Stgy). Profit to Trail = %applied * MaxLoss (Stgy)
- ORDER TYPE : MARKET|LIMIT
- LIMIT% : Applicable only for LIMIT orders. Places entry orders with Limit Price above or below trigger price (range high/low) to control slippages
- MAXLOSS (STGY) : Maximum loss allowed for this strategy. All open positions will be closed on hitting maximum loss
- MAXPROFIT (STGY) : Maximum profit allowed for this strategy. All open positions will be closed on hitting maximum profit
- STGY CODE : Unique strategy identifier, useful to run multiple strategies
- EXCH : NSE|NSE_EQ
- TRADE SYMBOL : As per API
There are multiple filters available for the users to choose from, you can use varies combination of this as well.
1. OHL : Open=High/Open=Low
This filter selects stocks where open equals to low for BUY or open equals to high for SHORT
2. PDHL : Previous Day High/Low
This filter selects stocks where open range high is higher than the previous day high for BUY and range low is lower than the previous day low for SHORT
3. PCTCHG : Minimum %change from Previous Close
This filter selects stocks where current %change is higher than the %applied from previous close for BUY and vice versa for SHORT
4. AVGVOL : Comparing with Average Volume of 3 months (EOD)
This filter selects stocks where open range volume is more than the %applied * Average Volume (this filter available only for NSE top 200 stocks)
5. AVGRNG : Comparing with Average Range of 3 months (EOD)
This filter selects stocks where open range is less than the %applied * Average Range (this filter available only for NSE top 200 stocks)
6. GAP : Gap Up/Down
This filter selects stocks where Gap up is more than the %applied for BUY and Gap down for SHORT
It reverses the Filter conditions.
For Gap Filter
In Normal – You will get buy signal when Gap up + Range high Breakout occurs
In Reverse – You will get buy signal when Gap Down + Range high Breakout occurs
Here you can monitor the overall status of your running strategy
- TOTAL MTM : Total profit and loss of the strategy
- TRAIL MAXLOSS : Trailed Maxloss
- HIGHEST MTM : Highest total profit and loss achieved
- LOWEST MTM : Lowest total profit and loss achieved
- TOTAL POSITIONS : Total stocks traded
- OPEN POSITIONS : Number of open positions
- CLOSED POSITIONS : Number of closed positions
- USER STATUS : Strategy activation status
- RECORD JOURNAL : Copies strategy details to Journal sheet for future analysis
Live demo is available on request. For appointment, mail to email@example.com
Check out our Knowledge Base and Video Tutorials for setup and troubleshooting. One time free initial setup is available on request. Basic email support (limited to issues/bugs in the software) is available for free, all queries should be mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, we will respond within 2 working days. For all API related issues/queries, please contact your stock broker or visit API developer forum.
Just onetime charge of Rs 5900/Client* (Inclusive of 18% GST). Click HERE to make payment through Razorpay or HERE for Bank/UPI details. Product will be delivered to your email address within 2 hours if payment is made during working hours else will be delivered on next working day. Check here for Cancellation and Refund Policy.
The software developed by Howutrade are solely for informational & educational purposes only. All the software are used at your own risk. It should not be assumed that the methods, techniques or indicators presented in the software will be profitable or that they will not result in losses. Howutrade is not responsible for any losses incurred as a result of using any of the software. For all API compliance related queries, please contact your stock broker.
Rs5900/- is for per client id. The tool will be linked with your id. you need to purchase for each client id separately. We also offer discounts if you have bulk purchases, pls contact us at email@example.com
ORB Strategy Builder
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)